A friend sent the rules this morning -- always handy...
Do you keep falling asleep in meetings and seminars? What about those long and boring conference calls?
Here's a way to change all of that.
- Before (or during) your next meeting, seminar, or conference call, prepare yourself by drawing a square. (I find that 5" x 5" is a good size.)
- Divide the card into columns - five across and five down. That will give you 25 one-inch blocks.
- Write one of the following words/phrases in each block:synergy
- strategic fit
- core competences
- best practice
- bottom line
- to tell you the truth (or "the truth is")
- out of the loop
- think outside the box
- fast track
- empower (or empowerment)
- knowledge base
- at the end of the day
- touch base
- client focus(ed)
- game plan
- Check off the appropriate block when you hear one of those words/phrases.
- When you get five blocks horizontally, vertically, or diagonally, stand up and shout "BULLSHIT!"
Testimonials from satisfied "Bullshit Bingo" players:
"My attention span at meetings has improved dramatically." - David, Florida
"What a gas! Meetings will never be the same for me after my first win." -Dan, New York City
"The atmosphere was tense in the last process meeting as 14 of us waited for the fifth box." - Ben, Denver
"The speaker was stunned as eight of us screamed 'BULLSHIT!' for the third time in two hours." - Paul, Cleveland
"When I won and yelled "BULLSHIT!" the woman sleeping next to me slid off her chair!" - Joseph, Los Angeles
Generate your own Bingo card:
And in German:
Fun, fun fun!