Sunday, November 18, 2007

SVc2UK

I am so far behind in blogging the events these past few days here in Cambridge. Somehow I thought I'd be able to write about everything as it was happening. But Ellen Levy and Sherry Couto have kept us all on our toes with a tightly packed schedule -- not that I am complaining! I am having an enormous amount of fun at the first ever Silicon Valley Comes to the United Kingdom -- SVc2UK for short!

The event is the joint work of Ellen Levy's new organization,Silicon Valley Connect, (which I expect you will be hearing a lot more about in the months and years to come) and Sherry Couto via her association with the Cambridge Judge school of business and NESTA. Ellen is an incredible person and I feel fortunate to have known and worked with her for over a decade. This is my first time meeting Sherry, and I have thoroughly enjoyed the experience and have a very high regard for her as well. Between the two of them, I expect that just about anything is possible!

And the schedule that they created for us is proof of their amazing abilities. Beginning on Thursday evening with a debate between the Cambridge and Silicon Valley business communities, attended by 600 students and faculty, and continuing through two days of classes at Judge, and countless opportunities to participate in the Cambridge community, I am awed (and exhausted).

I would write more now, but we are off to yet another event and then on to London where we will be engaged in yet more classes.

No comments: