And a tie for third place:
We had an incredible group of judges officiating and I must thank all of them --
- Mike Butcher – European Editor TechCrunch
- Olivier Creiche – Vice President and General Manager of Europe, Middle East and Africa, Six Apart
- Simon Levene – Partner, Accel Venture Partners
- Patrick Liechti – Business Development Manager – Web 2.0 Startups, Sun Microsystems
- Matt Marshall – Managing Editor and CEO, Venture Beat
- Dr. Maximillian Niederhofer – Atlas Ventures
- Mehrdad Piroozram – Managing Partner, iSteps Widget Ventures
- Jens Redmer – Head of European New Business Development, Google
- Carsten Rudolph – Emerging Business Team, Microsoft
- Rob Schiller – Investor and Entrepreneur
- Reshma Sohoni – CEO, Seedcamp
- Yossi Vardi – Investor and Entrepreneur
Part of what made this so much fun was a terrific group of sponsors who provided prizes and sponsored the PitchParty afterwards -- I have to especially thank Ernst & Young, LinkedIn, iSteps, ContentTeam, Hobnox, SixApart, and VentureBeat.
But let me save the most superlatives for the tremendous, astounding, wonderful David Nöel of Hobnox who did an amazing amount of work to bring everything together on the ground in Berlin so that we had a great party and hundreds of happy pitchcampers. THANKS DAVID!