- 2 percent of US firms currently use some form of IP telephony, and this number is expected to grow to 19 percent by 2007
- 73 percent of wire line service providers and 31 percent of wireless operators either have implemented, or are testing packet telephony in their networks
- 50% of Internet households are interested in Internet Voice as a way of reducing monthly long-distance charges
- Starbucks offers its customers 19,000 ways to have coffee (ok, not about VoIP but interesting nonetheless...)
- The US is 11th in the world in broadband development
Wednesday, March 10, 2004
Interesting VoIP statistics
These statistics were provided by Federal Communications Commission Chairman Michael Powell in a speech that he gave today at the National Association of Regulatory Commissioners. You can download the entire speech from here.