Saturday, February 14, 2004

I love this product...

We purchased the squeezebox from Slim Devices and absolutely love it! This is exactly the kind of innovative product that WiFi is screaming for...

Within minutes I was able to connect this tiny box to my stereo and to my home wireless network. The box finds a computer on my network running server software provided by Slim Devices and I am immediately able to play any MP3 in my collection, over my home network and on the stereo in the living room.

Oh, and any device connected to the network with a web browser can control the jukebox...

Who wants a computer in the living room? Who needs extra wires around the stereo? One little box, using WiFi to connect my stereo to my home network and I am done. Can it get better than this?

Why hasn't anyone produced a WiFi baby monitor? WiFi walkie talkies for kids? And I am not talking about analog over unregulated bandwidth -- I am talking VoIP over WiFi. The technology is all there... Let me know if you have heard of other innovative products using WiFi.

No comments: